NEBCALLBACK_SERVICE_STATUS_DATA callback being invoked twice

James King t.james.king at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 03:14:45 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm attempting to write a NEB module that will enable forwarding of
service state transitions to another NMS platform.  I'm registering
for NEBCALLBACK_SERVICE_STATUS_DATA, but my callback is being invoked
twice for each status update, with identical timestamp, type code and
identical current_state and last_state in the (service *)
(data->object_ptr).  There's only a single event type associated with
this hook (NEBTYPE_SERVICESTATUS_UPDATE).  Is this normal behavior for
this hook (and if so, what is the reasoning behind this, or is there
at least a difference between the 2 invocations that I can use to
filter on)?  I'd like to avoid sending/clearing the same alarm twice
in a row.

TIA,
James