nagios 3.0b3 using macros in notes

Søren Klintrup nagioslist at bigchief.dk
Tue Sep 4 14:18:59 CEST 2007

Salutations list,

Using macros in notes does not seem to work in nagios 3.0b3 at the
moment, it just prints whatever you type (does not expand the macro),
works fine for  notes_url and action_url.

example (host qwerty address 127.0.0.1)
notes $HOSTNAME$ has address $HOSTADDRESS$

should output :
qwerty has address 127.0.0.1

but outputs
$HOSTNAME$ has address $HOSTADDRESS$

I have spottet this on extinfo.cgi, which is the only cgi that uses this
macro, I havn't tested it by using $HOSTNOTES$ or $SERVICENOTES$ in
other places - might just be a bug on the extinfo.cgi page.

--
Regards
Søren Klintrup