Nagios 3 Performance Monitoring

Matthias.Flacke at gmx.de Matthias.Flacke at gmx.de
Mon Oct 29 14:07:58 CET 2007

Hi list,

our setup is very similar to Tom Stolle's: 3.0b5. No NDO, no embedded_perl , but large_installation_tweaks=1.
At the moment we have 357 hosts with ~1000 services but plan to increase up to 500 hosts / 2000 services per Nagios server.

With the reduced host/service number we have very reasonable latency values below 1 second. But in the attached load chart you can see the slow but permanent rise of overall load, which forces us to restart Nagios every week.

I just added Ethans auto_schedule-Options to our setup and - see and smile - latency is fallen to about 50%!
For the load increase it's to early for a statement, I'll come up with an update tomorrow.

Cheers,
Matthias