Nagios 3 Performance Monitoring

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Mon Oct 29 10:36:29 CET 2007

Hi Ethan,
hi List,

the rescheduling window works so far so good, but not as good as I hoped.

The amount of time has changed from 6-8 hours to 11 hours.

Interesting in my opinion is the fact that the average execution time
from host and service checks continue up to time X and from time X the
latency goes up.

f.e.
I've started the process yesterday at 5 pm.
The host/service execution time start at 100ms / 500ms (host/service)
and goes up (nearly linear) to 300ms / 800ms (host/service) at 4.00 am.
Since 4.00 am the exec times are constant but the latency increases.

I will spent some time today to the code today, perhaps I can find s.th.
causing the rising of execution times.

Any other hints and thoughts are welcome.

-
Hendrik