Nagios 3.0 hanging (10/22 CVS)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 24 00:07:17 CEST 2007

Shad L. Lords wrote:
> I tried the latest CVS yesterday and started a strace from the very
> beginning.  It took less then 5 hours for it to stop processing checks.
> I've uploaded the compressed strace for anyone that is interested.  It is
> about 5Mb in size.  You might be able to get more information out of it if
> you can see what leads up to the issue.

The first ENOMEM appears 13:32:39. The first fd leak seems to appear 13:32:41.
It seems my first conclusion was in error. The ENOMEM's aren't the result of
fd leaks; It's the other way around. Or rather, they're separate bugs, but
Nagios does something wrong in the ENOMEM path of fork().

Valgrind should be able to give a few hints. If you've got time to run Nagios
under it on your system, it would most likely be very valuable.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se