Problems with 3.0b5 init script?

J. Potter jpotter-nagios at codepuppy.com
Sat Oct 20 22:32:55 CEST 2007

> I guess the root privileges are dropped after reading the config
> files. So for an startup as root nagios can access the file.
> The reload just sends a HUP Signal to the process now running as
> nagios user. So it won't work.

Thanks, Hendrik -- yes, that is what I was thinking, too. I assume
this is a change from the 2.x branch, in which case it might be wise
to have nagios 3.x read resources.cfg only after dropping its root
privileges to explicitly force people to correct this. (I.e., prevent
nagios from running at all as opposed to potentially running for a
long time and then acting weird.)

best,
Jeff