Problems with 3.0b5 init script?

J. Potter jpotter-nagios at codepuppy.com
Sat Oct 20 13:42:51 CEST 2007

>> ...  It seems that calling "service nagios reload" causes nagios
>> to lose its pointer at the plugins dir, ...
> ... can you please check the permissions of your etc/resource.cfg ...

Hi Jörg --

It was readable only by root -- which worked with the 2.x releases of
Nagios. I had looked at this, but recalled that that files was
supposed to be readable only by root so that on startup, it was
accessible, but any sensitive login variables wouldn't be readable
afterwards.

Changing it to be owned by the nagios user does seem to fix this.

Is this a change in the 3.x branch?

best,
Jeff