NDOUtils addon & Graphs

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Mon Jul 16 15:04:35 CEST 2007

> My main/primary question is: how MYSQL tables updated by the NDO daemon
> can serve as a basis for graphs generation?
>
> Which tools/scripts can help here? As here RRD is not involved.

Yishai,

I don't know the ndo very well, but I think the ndo might not be the
best option for storing perfdata since most people delete entries older
than n days to prevent the db from exploding. RRD has a mechanisms to
keep interpolated values for long times. RRD also brings the graphing
with it.

The only project I know that currently works with mysql is perfparse.
Maybe they will make an ndo backend some time.

Matthias