Strange characters in output when using check_logfiles with 3.0a5

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Wed Jul 11 21:27:41 CEST 2007

Hi List,

I am able to reproduce this with the current cvs version and build a
small perl script for possible testers:

libexec/epnplugin.pl
#################################
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# Test Plugin
#

print "CRITICAL - Test down\n";
exit 3;
#################################

commands.cfg
#################################

define command{
        command_name    epntest
        command_line    $USER1$/epnplugin.pl
}

#################################

I think a service definition will not be a problem for the most of the
readers here ;)

(ok... for the case)

define service{
        name                            generic-service-epn
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
	retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           60
        notification_period             24x7
         register                        0
        }

# Local service definition template - This is NOT a real service, just a
template!

define service{
        name                            local-service-epn
        use                             generic-service-epn
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             local-service-epn
        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             epntest
        check_command                   epntest
        }