Strange characters in output when using check_logfiles with 3.0a5

Peter Ringe Peter.Ringe at web.de
Wed Jul 11 14:52:10 CEST 2007

Hi Ingo,
Hi all,

at least Im sure there  is a problem with the epn concering Plugin-Output.
I remarked this already some month ago for 3.0a1 and looking for other
guys,
seeing the same problem. ([Nagios-devel] problems epn with 3.0a1 ,
21.03.2007)

In between there have been some more discussion concerning epn that the
plugin result
is scrambled up Inside the empedded Perl, the plugin  putput is correct,
but when the output reaches
nagios, the first 4 or 8 byte of Plugin Output seems to be overwritten.

I do not understand embedded perl in detail, but perheaps there is
someone else, who can
have a look at that problem.

I think it's a real problem for nagios 3.0, because a lot of people use
epn due to perfomance.
All those guys cannot switch over to nagios 3.0 without epn.

Regards