NSCA using PROCESS_FILE

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Feb 23 11:01:10 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 22.02.2007, 11:27 -0800 schrieb Thomas
Guyot-Sionnest:
> Well, nice! You have the perl daemon already :)
>
> The proper workaround would be an option to have Nagios use a file/pipe for
> oscp/ohcp as well; this would be much more efficient than forking a child
> for each result to send to the sweeper, parallelized or not.

Hi Thomas,

Damn! Your right. It so obvious and I never thought about it :-(. I do
not need performance data commands on the slaves. So why not using
(service|host)_perfdata_file_template instead of oc(h|s)p ... I am
pretty sure this will improve the situation.

And yes. Sometimes oc(h|s)p and perfdata is needed. So a
ocsp_perfdata_file_template option would be perfect :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestions

Gerd