Patches for NDOUtils

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Feb 21 14:03:04 CET 2007

On 19 Feb 2007, at 05:57, Ethan Galstad wrote:

> Thanks Ton - most of these patches were applied to CVS tonight.
> Exceptions are the notification_level patch, which I'm not sure if
> I'll
> implement (yet).

Great. Thanks!

> Also, the db upgrade script was modified, as only one
> script file needs to be executed to bring an older schema up to date.

I'm guessing from your comment above that you only want a single SQL
script to upgrade from current version to the latest. However, you'll
find that you will be writing the same SQL statements in each
"current version" script.

FWIW, we've found it easier to have a single section per schema
version, so if someone is updating from 1.3 to, say, 2.0, there are
sql statements to bring it from, say, 1.3 to 1.4b2, 1.4b2 to 1.5, 1.5
to 1.6, 1.6 to 2.0. So each script clearly defines the transition
from an older schema to the next level. Running all these scripts
(which is what upgradedb.pl was doing) would then bring you to the
current level.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com