Latencies with process-perfdata command

Adam Augustine augustineas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:06:17 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, Marc DeTrano <marc at gridshield.net> wrote:

> Hendrik Baecker wrote:
> > Hi List,
> <SNIP>
> I would be curious to know how this compares with some of the things
> that have come along since perf2rrd, and some of the ideas in
> development (is someone writing a NEB module to parse this data?)
>
> Marc
> Gridshield, S.A:

We have gone back and forth on whether to do this in a separate NEB module
or to modify the NDO receiver daemon to tee (with another TCP socket more
than likely) the perf data off to one of the rrd based tools (letting the
regular status data stuff continue into a standard NDO database).

Because of our size and not wanting to replicate data already being sent via
NDO to our database server, I am leaning toward the latter. The downside of
that is having to do an NDO install for those who aren't ready to make that
leap. And with the front-end work being pushed back, that is less and less
common. We are kind of banking on NDO for our mid-range plans, but that may
not be a good strategy.

Opinions?