Nagios3 Performance Info

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sun Feb 4 23:14:03 CET 2007

For some reason there was a large negative value in the status file
which was throwing off the results.  Not sure why this happened, unless
there was a time change during the service check.  I couldn't find any
obvious problems in the code, so I added a few checks to make sure the
execution time is always >= 0.  Patch will be in CVS shortly.

Thomas Stolle wrote:

> Here is a copy of status.dat (gzip)  at the moment the negative values
> were present:
>
> The type of the browser doesn't seems to be responsible for this. We
> tested mozilla and ie and both displayed these values.
>
> After a short time (may be one minute) the execution time switched back
> to normal values without any action from my side, so it is not a big
> problem but a little bit unusual ;-)
>
> Thomas
>

> *Ethan Galstad <nagios at nagios.org>*
> Sent by: nagios-devel-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> 03.01.2007 01:38

> 	Nagios-Devel <nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	Re: [Nagios-devel] Nagios3 Performance Info
>

> Thomas Stolle wrote:
>  >
>  > Dear List,
>  >
>  >
>  > 1.) sporadic I get negative values for check execution time in
>  > "performance info" of nagios3. I can not reproduce this behaviour.
>  >
>  > Check Execution Time:                    -1167735239.71 sec
>        5.01 sec                  -1307653.816 sec
>  > Check Latency:                  0.00 sec                  162.52 sec
>                  143.760 sec
>  > Percent State Change:                  0.00%                  79.47%
>                  0.88%
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > 2.) Even with disabled hostchecks (no check_command in host definition)
>  > the hostcheck-counter in "performance info" of nagios3 starts counting.
>  > I can not find any entries of hostchecks in the logs. Thats why I think
>  > the checks were not really executed. Also the hostcheck execution time
>  > is very short (0.05 sec) .
>  > I don't know if this is a bug, if it is new in Nagios 3 or if the same
>  > behaviour can be found in Nagios 2, cause I can only compare to
>  > nagios1.2, which does not offer performance info for hostchecks.
>  >
>  >
>  > Thomas
>
> Any chance you can grab a copy of the status.dat file when you see these
> values?  I'd like a chance to look at the raw file to see what's going
> on (CGI problem, status data problem, etc.).  Thanks.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org