Nagios 3.0b7 High CPU Load FreeBSD 6.2

Andrew Ivanov a.ivanov at e-port.ru
Mon Dec 10 19:22:04 CET 2007

Hi Mike,

please use ldd utility to verify libmap.conf settings:

# ldd /path_to_/nagios
/path_to_/nagios:
        libpthread.so.2 => /usr/lib/libc_r.so.6 (0x2cb19000)

if pthread will not be mapped to libc_r, then probably you need to set
correct path to nagios.

If mapping is ok, then I don't know what to suggest.

> here is the output from BEFORE the libmap.conf change
>  98795 nagios   RET   kse_release -1 errno 22 Invalid argument
>  98795 nagios   CALL  kse_release(0xbfbfe460)

> here is the output from AFTER the libmap.conf change
>  98688 nagios   CALL  kse_release(0xbfbfe490)
> 98688 nagios   RET   kse_release -1 errno 22 Invalid argument

It's strange that BEFORE pid is higher than AFTER, but nevertheless output
is the same.

With best regards,
Andrew.