Bug Reporting / Issue Tracking System ?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Dec 6 18:43:05 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:28 +0100, Holger Weiss wrote:
> * "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> [2007-12-06 11:19]:
> > Am I going crazy or is there no public system for formally tracking bug
> > reports / feature requests?

HW:

It would add a nominal level of formality to the releng process that
might attract attention & impress individuals examining the merits and
feasibility of the code-base for use in large production environments.

Consider the successful large-scale F/OSS projects that champion a
tracking system:

- Apache HTTPD
- Samba
- OpenLDAP
- Mozilla
- OpenOffice
- FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD

I'll donate any server class hardware required to host the system that
the development team desires.  Just let me know.

~BAS