coredumps

Andrew Ivanov a.ivanov at e-port.ru
Wed Dec 5 11:24:59 CET 2007

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> It goes in the wrong direction compared to just about everything else that
> works on Unixy systems, where you have a config-file to set your normal
> parameters (usually requiring root to change them), and the environment
> to override some of that if you need to test something.
>
> With your patch, "HOME=/put/core-dumps/here nagios -f nagios.cfg" would
> no longer put core dumps in /put/core-dumps/here. That'd be a sad thing.
> If you really want this functionality you should write it as a NEB-module
> instead. It's really quite easy.

Can it be that many Nagios community people have to set $HOME to
~nagios because of no homedir determination?

$HOME points to ~root unless explicitly set, and surely nagios can't write
there.
And.. I was confused with the fact that '$HOME' is not nagios's home.

I just wanted to make things a little easier to configure.

With best regards,
Andrew.