Nagios from traces.

Andrew Tjang andrew.tjang at ask.com
Fri Sep 22 21:26:13 CEST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get Nagios to read from traces. I'm having difficulty on
figuring out where to begin.

I want to do this because I don't have direct access to the machines
i'll be monitoring. I need to periodically ship the monitored data from
the hosts to the nagios machine, parse the files and then update nagios.
The parsing part I think i can do fine. It's the part that involves
modifying Nagios to read from file rather than query hosts that I need
help with.

I'd like to keep the same config file format, but just modify the
monitoring sections to read from file based on those configs. Is there
any place you could recommend that I start looking?

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
-Andrew