Patch for Plugin "No Output"

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Oct 27 07:47:44 CEST 2006

Thomas Sluyter wrote:
> On 25 Oct, 2006, at 0:08, bobi at netshel.net wrote:
>
>> But being a lazy programmer, I am thinking, why not just have
>> Nagios be a
>> little more forgiving and inquisitive and keep searching stdout
>> until it
>> finds the first non-empty line?  Is that so bad?  Or is it a feature?
>
> You'll like Nagios 3 when it comes out. It'll allow you to read
> multiple lines of stdout. So be patient, little grasshopper.
>
> Cheers! o/
>

> Thomas

As Thomas mentioned, Nagios 3 will support multiple lines of output from
plugins, so this patch would break that future feature. :-)  In Nagios 3
any output after the first line will get thrown into either the
$LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ or $LONGHOSTOUTPUT$ macros, depending on what type
of check was performed.  There is also a 4K or 8K limit on the output
size to prevent runaway plugins from returning too much data.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org