Release of n2rrd-1.1beta..

Badri Pillai badri at diglinks.com
Wed Oct 18 13:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi Ton,

Thanks for your comments..

I forgot to add my comments sent to "Chris" to list..
-----snip

Hi Chris,

I know NagiosGrapher, its a well designed tool, but somehow I was not
happy with it.

e.g: if the plugins produce similar output, then why one has to learn a
PRE and write one for each service. this part is handled by n2rrd with one liner
   "@data = ( $opt->{o} =~ /(\S+=[0-9\.]+)/g );"

If the plugins output is non-standard, then one has the
possibility to write his/her own parser as external
       perl code.

so wrote one for my customers. Later I thought may be someone out there
has the same issues and concerns I had, hence decided to release the
code to public.
..
-----snip

I've just now added a TODO list on n2rrd page, which will grow with time.
but if your or anyone is interested in any of the topics, please let me
know.

Regards,

Badri