Release of n2rrd-1.1beta..

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Oct 18 11:59:53 CEST 2006

And don't forget about nagiosgraph: http://nagiosgraph.sourceforge.net

It looks to me like the difference with Badri's version is that he
automatically graphs based on the perf data. Nagiosgraph and
Nagiosgrapher use regexps to pick out the particular values to store.

With my plugins hat on, I prefer Badri's approach - it is more
automatic and more reliable. With my "keeping customers happy" hat
on, I know that the core plugins are not all there yet with perf
data. So a sensible approach to both is required.

We've amended Nagiosgraph so that it does automatic parsing of the
perf data and uses that unless the map file dictates otherwise. We
haven't really pushed this back into Nagiosgraph yet, but it is on
our radar. Our patches to nagiosgraph are available, as always, at
http://source.altinity.org/.

We use the Nagios::Plugin perl module published on CPAN to read the
perf data. I'd be happy work with Badri on making any common aspects
work well.

Ton

On 18 Oct 2006, at 09:54, Christoph Maser wrote:

> Thanks for the hint,
>
> you know about nagiosgrapher (http://www.nagiosexchange.org/
> NagiosGrapher.84.0.html)? It
> seems pretty similar to your system, maybe you can combine your
> efforts?
>
> Chris
>
> Badri Pillai schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> those who don't know yet, I've placed an add-on to Nagios
>> namely n2rrd = Nagios to RRD.
>>
>> This tool stores performance data in RRD database, more at
>> http://n2rrd.diglinks.com
>>
>> any suggestions or  ideas are welcome,

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243