Disable binary strip at build time?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue May 30 19:01:17 CEST 2006

Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> To be able to deliver a debug package, Debian needs the nagios2 build
> process to refrain from stripping the binaries that have just been
> installed.
>
> For now, I have done this by patching the Makefile.in files and
> removing the $(STRIP) lines.
>
> Is it possible to disable stripping on the configure command line? If
> not, I'd appreciate this possibility being added in a future release
> of Nagios.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

I added a 'make install-unstripped' option to the 2.x branch.  Could you
grab the latest CVS tarball and make sure it works okay?  I'd like to
release 2.4 by tomorrow with this fix.  Thanks!

The URL for the latest CVS snapshot is:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/download/cvs/nagios-2-x-cvs.tar.gz

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer