dateperiod

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Fri May 26 19:41:28 CEST 2006

Hi!

May I suggest a "dateperiod" object type?

As I think it would be similar to timeperiod, but contains dates instead of
times. For example:

define dateperiod{
	dateperiod_name	dateperiod_name
	alias	alias
	January	dates, dateranges
	February	dates, dateranges
	March		dates, dateranges
	April		dates, dateranges
	May		dates, dateranges
	June		dates, dateranges
	July		dates, dateranges
	August	dates, dateranges
	September	dates, dateranges
	October	dates, dateranges
	November	dates, dateranges
	December	dates, dateranges
   	}

I need this feature because the situation below:

I work for an IT company and we use Nagios to monitor one of our customers'
network in its non-work hours. Six people work in a duty system, each of
them is on duty for one week. We share a common e-mail address and phone
number for this work.

But some of us have special requirements, for example XY don't want to get
recovery SMS just problem SMS, or Z would like to get SMS to its own mobile,
not the shared one. I can solve this situation in two ways: manually
reconfigure Nagios at the start of each week accoring to the actual duty
people requirements; or I can write a script which is run by cron and do
this automatically.

But if there will be a datetime object I can define 6 different contacts
with the same e-mail and phone numbers, but different notification scripts,
etc. So without scripting and reconfiguring I can solve this situation.

Thanks in advance, Tamas!