nagios 3.0 php ui planning

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue May 16 20:59:34 CEST 2006

Christian Pelster wrote:
>>  just wanted to ask whether there is a brainstorming session planned
>> regarding the new user interface.
>> has there already been some development or an approximate schedule?
>>

> hi,
>
> interesting question.
> i'd want to contribute to the new interface (i learned from the website that
> the cgis schould be replaced by a complete rewrite).
> but i also have no information where/when the development starts or wheter it
> already started.
>
> greetings,
>

>  pelle

There's nothing official yet.  I am currently working on documenting the
DB schema for the NDOUtils addon, which will likely be merged with the
Nagios 3.0 CVS code in the near future.  Once the docs are done (within
the next two weeks), I'll be asking for comments and suggestions before
the schema is finalized.  There will also be some mods due to changes
that have occurred in the Nagios 3.0 config options.

I will be posting a note on the Nagios homepage, as well as sending an
email to this list, when things are ready to go for the new UI
development.  I'm guessing that a new mailing list will be created to
facilitate this.  This should happen sometime in mid to late June.

Before any work can be done on the UI we'll need to get the following
ironed out:

- DB schema
- Authentication/authorization
- Underlying XML components