escaping semicolon

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Wed Mar 22 17:41:59 CET 2006

Hi all,

I thought of writing a patch to quote semicolons with a backslash
 or even better to convert hex to ascii (like \xEB for a semicolon).
 It was very simple but did not work with NRPE :-(. NRPE has its
 own nasty characters. So escaping inside nagios config will not
 be enough :-(.  So I am thinking of "global" solution of escaping
 nasty characters inside nagios.

Anybody any suggestion about a better pattern to escape nasty characters?

- Gerd Mueller