escaping semicolon

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Wed Mar 22 12:01:46 CET 2006

Hi list,

this is the first time I have to use a semicolon as parameter for a
plugin. As everybody knows a semicolon delimits comments from values:

XODTEMPLATE.C
/* grab data before comment delimiter - faster than a strtok() and
strncpy()... */
for(x=0;input[x]!='\x0';x++)
  if(input[x]==';')
    break;

input[x]='\x0';

My workaround will be a simple bash script which replaces another
character with a semicolon but I really do not like this workaround! I
would prefer if it is possible to escape the semicolon.

BTW: check_http's paramter -k has the same problem.

Cheers,

Gerd

--
Gerd Mueller                  NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a