minor bug in status.cgi

Rejo Zenger nagios-devel at subs.krikkit.nl
Tue Mar 14 20:48:13 CET 2006

Hi,

Please, be aware that I'm not a coder, just a user. I believe I have
found a minor bug in the status.cgi file, causing an error message
while browsing the webinterface.

To reproduce: from the sidebar choose "Servicegroup Summary", then
choose one of the servicegroups, then click "View Status Overview For
All Service Groups". As the variable in the linked url isn't set, the
interface doesn't know what to show. I believe the fix is:

  ford:/usr/src# diff nagios2-2.0/cgi/status.c patch/nagios2-2.0/cgi/status.c
  316c316
  ---

The version of Nagios I'm running is:

  ford:/usr/src# nagios2 --version

  Nagios 2.0
  Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
  Last Modified: 02-07-2006
  [...]

Another small thing I have noticed, but for which I don't have to little
decent description: the p1.pl that was delivered with previous Nagios
releases ("Revision 1.5  2005/01/20 02:12:12") has apparently been
updated in the Nagios 2 release ("p1.pl for Nagios 2.0"). This new
version breaks scripts that are usefull for SMTP checks that can be
downloaded from <http://www.manubulon.com/nagios>.

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo at zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl