Nagios 2.4 0 - nodmod/ndo2db - Mac OSX 10.4.6

James n0compromize at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 21:43:47 CEST 2006

Hi-

After a painful week of debugging, I finally got this
solution to build and install, however, I am not sure
if it is actually running correctly.

My dev environment consists of my laptop, my fedora
system and my windows xp system.  I am using my laptop
(macbook pro) because this solution will ultimately
end up on a mac xserve.

The issue that I am finding is the regular update of
the host status file.  It appears that it properly
updates the database tables when I first start nagios,
but after that it is hit and miss on the updates of
that table.  So far it appears to be isolated to only
that table.  Basically it will update 1 of the hosts,
but the other two never get updated, or sometimes 1
other will get updated once, and ultimately updates in
that table stop all together.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea of
what to look at.  I have enabled all of the different
types of debug in ndomod and ndo2db, but it isn't
helping that much.  Turning on debug in ndo2db didn't
really give me to much information.

The callback debug shows me that the callback 19,
which is the hoststatus update does kick off every
once in awhile, but the updates don't really appear to
be happening.

-James