Service dependencies

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Thu Jun 8 10:01:01 CEST 2006

I was actually wondering about the exact same thing Dirk was thinking
 about! Such a shortcut would really help out in easing the use
 of dependencies.

Ethan's solution wouldn't work if you look at it logically. Why?
 Because you're telling Nagios that:

* All instances of service A in hostgroup X

* Depend on all instances of service B in hostgroup X.

Meaning that all instances of A will "fail" if -any- instance of
 B goes down. That's not what we want to happen, is it? :p

As Dirk said: it would be great if there was some shortcut for telling
 Nagios that you want all instances of service A in hostgroup X
 to be dependant of service B on -their-own- host. That way you
 could take care of all dependencies for a whole hostgroup in a
 matter of a few dozen lines of code.

- Thomas Sluyter (Cailin)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-devel.33.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=18830