Service event handler bug?

Harry Otten hotten at 12solveIT.nl
Sat Jul 8 00:10:42 CEST 2006

Hi all,

For some time I have trouble with the service event handlers.
No a problem within the scripts, but when nagios (should) run them.

So far as I understand from the manual service event handlers are always
called when the services changes from state.

But when the host goes down and the services was in a okay state.
Than the service event handler is only called when the max attempts of the
services is 1.
For the rest everything works well with the service event handlers.

I tried this with version 1.4.1 and 2.4.

You can see a thread of mine on the following forum containg my config files
etc
http://www.nagios-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2145#2145

Am I doing something wrong? Our could this be a small bug in nagios?

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,
Harry