Service status on unreachable hosts

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Fri Jan 27 21:36:19 CET 2006

Hi!

I think that status of those services which are associated with an
unreachable host should be unknown instead of critical. It would be more
precise.

For example, if a section of a network become unreachable, servers in that
segment are still accessible from these segments, but unaccessible from the
outside world. So I can't know - from outside Nagios box - whether their
services are in OK state, or not.

Thanks, Tamas!