Recursion broken in cfg_dir?

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Jan 12 06:21:51 CET 2006

* Marty Combs <nagios-devel at martycombs.com> [2006-01-10 17:27]:
> I have a nagios config which uses multiple subdirectories under
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/ for separating out hosts, services, etc.  The
> recursion no longer works with nagios 2.0rc2.

This seems to imply it worked before?  On Solaris?

> Searching through the mailing list archives, I see a post for fixing the
> recursion bug as well as an e-mail saying the patch would be committed
> into CVS.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=12470409
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=12536588
>
> Was the patch removed again?

Yes, the patch was broken and replaced[*].

> While the box I'm compiling on is running Solaris 9, there is a
> /usr/include/dirent.h header file present so I would think recursion would
> work.

>From reading the code I don't see how it should work on Solaris 9, since
the recursion code requires a dirent.d_type, which isn't available on
Solaris 9 (the code is enclosed within an #ifdef _DIRENT_HAVE_D_TYPE).
The existence of a dirent.h header won't suffice.

Holger

[*] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.devel/2172

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE