2.0rc1 contact definition docco V.S. daemon inconsistency

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri Jan 6 22:33:09 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 15:20 -0600, Marc Powell wrote:
> I ended up with --
>
> define contact {
>     contact_name                   test
>     alias                          Marc
>     service_notification_period    none
>     host_notification_period       none
>     service_notification_options   n
>     host_notification_options      n
>     email                          foo at example.f
>     service_notification_commands  service-notify-by-email
>     host_notification_commands     host-notify-by-email
>     }

If you want to just dump emails into a black hole, use ':blackhole:' as
the email address (I forget where I found that little tidbit, but both
sendmail and qmail (at least) know that means to ignore it).

so:

    host_notification_options      n
    email                          :blackhole:
    service_notification_commands  service-notify-by-email

I use this, myself.