$HOSTNOTESURL$ being mangled (removing '&' char).

Michael Alger nagios at mm.quex.org
Tue Feb 28 03:37:54 CET 2006

Eli Stair wrote:

> I'm posting this to -devel after hearing no input from -users since
> Friday.  I don't see anything obvious in the way HOSTNOTESURL is
> handled in utils.c, and am out of my league enough to not be able to
> track it further in the source.  In my tests the URL is always written
> properly in the "Extra Host Notes" entry in the CGI's, but ampersand
> is always ignored when expanded in the alert (\& does nothing different).

Check your illegal_macro_output_chars setting in the main Nagios
configuration file. Since & is a shell metacharacter, it is included in
the set by default. The example configuration doesn't explicitly mention
the HOSTNOTESURL macro, but it makes sense it would be applied to
everything used in the notification commands.