PHP interfaces for Nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Feb 20 11:19:00 CET 2006

Andreas Kasenides wrote:
> Dear ALL,
> with the coming of the NDOutils package, which in its 1.3 version seems
> to be
> functioning adequately for now, there seems to be a strong interest in
> developing
> alternative UI system for Nagios. There are currently several
> individuals that expressed
> interest to develop (or are developing) such interfaces, mostly in PHP.
> It is my opinion
> that it is to the best interest of all Nagios users (and Nagios) that
> such efforts are put under
> the same umbrella (not necessarily that of the Nagios core system).
>
> Anyone interested in such a collaboration? Note that I am NOT assuming
> any leading
> role in this, quite possibly I am not even suitable for it!! Just
> thought it would be nice for
> Nagios to become even more open. Anyways, I could help as much I can if
> interest exists.
> My .02c on the table!!

Starting very soon, we'll put two or three developers near enough
full-time on the task of writing the new gui. Others are welcome to join
us, but there are things that many of our customers have requested that
we just *must* have. We cannot wait for an open effort to gain momentum,
but we can (and will) make our own efforts Open (GPLv2, I think).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se