nagios custom state for hosts/services

Razvan Sefciuc scrazvan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 14:13:46 CEST 2006

  Hello

 I'd like to achieve big brother dialup functionality with nagios.

 I have a network of about 300 devices.
 It happens that some of them cannot be checked all the time (they lock up), but still working correctly.

 I want to be able to set them in a custom state, as follows:
 - display color shouldn't be red (nor green), so the tactical overview do not display them (red) in host problems or network outages. The host and service problems should display only real problems, not hosts in this state.
 - keep monitoring the link.

  Acknowledge a problem is not enough, as nagios will still display the host as a problem.

 Thanks,
 Razvan