Nagios-devel digest, Vol 1 #1058 - 2 msgs

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Fri Apr 21 10:42:03 CEST 2006

hi,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:30:56AM +0200, oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no wrote:
> If for some reason nrpe stops ( perhaps by mistake ) we get a CRITICAL message for each and every check on that particular host -
>
> Of course this may be due to a misconfiguration on our site but I seem to be unable to pin point exactly what we have misconfigured.

i think the general consensus is that this is the way things are
supposed to be.  general consensus: please correct me if i
am mistaken :)  a similar analogy would be check_http failing
to retrieve a specific URL if a web server were down.

if you'd like to have a host w/nrpe show up as "down" if nrpe
is not running, i would suggest to use some invokation of
check_nrpe or check_tcp as the check_host_alive definition
for such hosts.

	sean