How to send sms (and mail) from nagios

oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no
Wed Apr 19 08:46:15 CEST 2006

Hi -

In nagios v1.x we have directives like this:

define service {

contact_groupssdlSa

notification_options            w,u,c,r

}

This is ok, but I would like a directive to be able to easily differentiate between mail and sms

f.x.

If there is a critical condition or a recovery from a critical condition i want to send mail AND sms, but

If there is issued a warning or recovery from warning i only want to send mail

This may be done (and i do it today) by triggering a script from nagios which do some sort analyzing and then sends or don't send sms/mail -

but

this should be a part of nagios.

It would be nice if nagios had f.x. these directives:

define service {

mail_contact_groups xxx,yyy

mail_notification_options            w,u,c,r

sms_contact_groups zzz,ppp

sms_notification_options             c,r

}

Regards

Øystein Carlson Bleie

Systemadministrator Unix/Linux