nagios silently stops

Vadim Korsak truckk at inbox.lv
Tue Apr 11 09:15:48 CEST 2006

Can confirm - with nagios 2.2 flapping detection wotks just fine.
Many thanks!
  Quoting Ethan Galstad : Has anyone been able to replicate this
problem under GDB in order to get
 a backtrace?  I haven't been able to get the Nagios 2.1 source to
crash
 with flap detection events, so I'm not sure where this is coming
from.
 It may be due to a problem in the comments code somewhere, but
that's
 just a guess.
 If you're running into this problem, make sure you're compiling from

 source code (rather than using a packaged version), so I know its a
 problem with the CVS code and not elsewhere.
 Alessandro Ren wrote:
 I am running on a x86, a Dell Power Edge with ECC memory, Fedora
Core
 3 and kernel 2.6.16.1.
 I've downgraded to nagios 2.0 and I've had no more problems.
 Actually, it's the first nagios version that the deamon dies.
 []s.
 Paul Smith 02 wrote:
 Sounds to me like a memory problem, I would guess that people who
 don't have a problem are running on different architecture (x86,
x64,
 Sparc, Power4/5, etc).