nagios silently stops

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Apr 7 22:20:51 CEST 2006

Has anyone been able to replicate this problem under GDB in order to get
a backtrace?  I haven't been able to get the Nagios 2.1 source to crash
with flap detection events, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.
It may be due to a problem in the comments code somewhere, but that's
just a guess.

If you're running into this problem, make sure you're compiling from
source code (rather than using a packaged version), so I know its a
problem with the CVS code and not elsewhere.

Alessandro Ren wrote:

>    I am running on a x86, a Dell Power Edge with ECC memory, Fedora Core
> 3 and kernel 2.6.16.1.
>     I've downgraded to nagios 2.0 and I've had no more problems.
> Actually, it's the first nagios version that the deamon dies.
>
>     []s.
>
> Paul Smith 02 wrote:
>> Sounds to me like a memory problem, I would guess that people who
>> don't have a problem are running on different architecture (x86, x64,
>> Sparc, Power4/5, etc).

[snip]

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer