$SERVICEOUTPUT$ weirdness

Jorge Dionisio jorge.dionisio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:47:51 CEST 2005

Hi Joseph

Can you post what are the current regex you are using?

I will install on my machine the same version you are using to see
 if I have the same problem.

Best Regards

- Jorge Dionisio (neozaga)

-----------------------

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-devel.33.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=11702

> Greetings,

> I am experiencing sort of the same problem, but my nagiostat is
 able to read

> the $SERVICEOUTPUT$ and the $SERVICEDESC$ fields, but when I send
 the email

> notifications, they are not capturing the data from these fields.
 Don't know

> why, just very curious why it won't pass those couple of variables,
 will

> keep looking at it. I have put in other variables that is being
 passed and

> using those for the notifications.

> Here is what I have put in for the nagiostat:

> "$LASTSERVICECHECK$||$HOSTNAME$||$SERVICEDESC$||$SERVICEOUTPUT$||$SERVI
CEPERFDATA$"

> Which is passed to a RRD file for parsing by Cacti for graphing.

> Joseph Hardeman

> I upgraded from 2.0b2 to 2.0b4 and now some of my servicechecks
 say

 "

> > I can copy the 2.0b2 binary of "nagios" from a working (production)
 system

> > and overwrite the 2.0b4 binary and My output is then seen by
 nagios and

> > passed

> > to nagiostat.

> > Further examination showed that $SERVICEOUTPUT$ was empty. Was
 this

> > something

> > that was introduced with the 2.0b3 changelog item "Fixed segfaults
 in CGIs

> > where plugin output was NULL"? Or does nagios now do strict
 output

> > checking

> > of the servicechecks. This seems to only effect plugins whose
 output

> > doesn't

> > take the form: <TAG> <STATUS> - <data> <data>... as in:

> > CPU OK - 0 0 99 246458 43619 40728186 2312

> > I hate the idea that I will have to re-configure nagiostat's
 regular