linking issues

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Mon May 23 14:59:50 CEST 2005

hey,

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:16:00AM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> >i believe there's an autoconf macro that can determine whether or not
> >the libraries are necessary.
>
> Nah. autoconf only determines if libraries are necessary for certain
> functions. For nagios, -lnsl isn't required on Linux. To the best of my

right.  so check if they're necessary for a couple functions that
typically need it :)

> knowledge it isn't required on *BSD either, but I'm not certain. What I
> was curious about was on which platforms it is actually required, or if
> it could be dropped entirely (as I believe).

i assumed it would be necessary for solaris, but i just fired off
a build that ran successfully without it, so maybe it can just be
removed.  i guess the worst case scenario is that it gets taken out
and someone send a mail to nagios-devel saying that we need it
after all...

	sean