Nagios 1.2 Escalation Bug / No Performance Data with Nagios 1.x cvs

Husch Andreas Andreas.Husch at bitburger.de
Wed May 11 09:49:41 CEST 2005

Hi List,

we used nagios 1.2 with file based performance data and a well adapted
escalation configuration from it's release. It worked fine and live was
just a breeze ;-)
But in the last weeks (no "real" configuration changes, just added more
and more hosts and services) things turned bad: The escalations stopped
working as expected. Nagios dispays the escalation as configured via
"View Config" at the web interface, but in most cases the escalation
directive got totally ignored and notifications was send in the normal
"notification_interval" (wich is 10 minutes in our case, so my boss got
about 500 Mails a weekend and was about to kill me).

I imported a part of our configuration into our nagios 2.x test system,
everything worked as expectet. So i gave a nagios-1-x cvs snapshot a try
(just replaced the nagios binary): The CVS snapshot fixed the
notification/escalation bug, the esclations work again. :-) BUT:
nagios-1-x does NOT write any performance data!

So my question: is this a know problem or changed the perfomance data
options at the cvs so my configuration is wrong?

Thanks

Regards
Andreas