Feature suggestion: Non-null command args

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 10 20:28:08 CEST 2005

Jason Martin wrote:
> One idea for a new feature would be to allow the $ARGx$
> arguments to be defined as not-null, and error on preflight if
> they are.  This is to prevent defining a command that expects 4
> arguments, but the service definition only has 3 defined. This
> can cause unexpected behavior from the plugin, depending on
> which argument was missing and in what order.
>
> I'd think it could be implemented as a attribute to the "define
> command", or instead creating a seperate set of macros called
> $NARGx$, where N indicates not-null.

This is purely a laziness thing and should be implemented (if at all) as
an external check in some script language which doesn't need to run
fast. I'll eat my right arm if someone on this list can't hack up
something that does it in perl in 5-10 minutes.

The core doesn't care (and it can actually be a feature too), so why
make it?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer