2.0b2 bug ? Disable notifications for all services in this hostgroup doesn't do so

Sat Mar 12 03:08:25 CET 2005

Dear Folks,

On FreeBSD 4.10, completing the 'Disable notifications for all services
in this hostgroup' fill out form results in

(eg) Sat Mar 12 12:03:03 EXTERNAL COMMAND:
DISABLE_HOSTGROUP_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;Unix Servers

being logged in nagios.log

but does _not_ suppress notifications for services in the host group.

There is a peculiar associated CGI behaviour; refreshing both the
status.cgi and extinfo.cgis shows _either_ the panel values one would
expect for disabled notifications ie

1 megaphone crossed in status.cgi
2 red icon over notifications in extinfo.cgi
3 last service notification N/A

_or_ the panel values expected for notifications _enabled_ ie

1 NO megaphone crossed in status.cgi
2 NO red icon over notifications in extinfo.cgi
3 last service notification shows time (after notifiactions were
disabled) when the last notification was sent out.

Clearing the browser cache (firefox) repeatedly does not change this
behaviour.

Is any one else seeing this ?

I will try and get some debug info. Is there anything really useful
(apart from a patch ?) that I should collect ?

Yours sincerely.
--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia