warning/critical directives

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Mar 11 14:12:29 CET 2005

You can do this now by simply passing arguments to the check command.

define service {
  use generic-service
  host_name foo
  service_description smtp
  check_command check_smtp!10!15
}

define command {
  command_name  check_smtp
  command_line  $USER1$/check_smtp $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$
}

On 16 Feb 2005 at 9:57, Gerd Mueller wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> a few days ago I had to mail one of our costumers there warning
> critical values for all his services. That was a really boring job
> :-(.
>
> For such future tasks it would be very helpful if there could be two
> optional directives "warning" and "critical". Both should be: - used
> be readable by macros ("$WARNING$","$CRITICAL$") to easily configure
> the commands - stored inside the object cache - columns inside the
> configuration report through the webinterface.
>
> an example:
>
> define service {
>   use generic-service
>   host_name foo
>   service_description smtp
>   check_command check_smtp
>   warning 10
>   critical 15
> }
>
> define command {
>   command_name  check_smtp
>   command_line  $USER1$/check_smtp $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $WARNING$ -c
> $CRITICAL$
> }
>

> OK, that won't improve nagios functional ;-) but it won't be so much
> work to document then.
>
> Any comments? Any volunteers for coding?
>
> Chers,
>
> Gerd

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer