ocsp/ochp zombie with restart?

Percy Jahn jahn at kima.mv.ad.uni-kl.de
Wed Mar 2 23:52:03 CET 2005

Hello ,

  if i restart nagios via init.d script it happens, that sometimes nagios
  is not being killed. I am using an CVS Snapshot from mid of dec 2004 on
  suse v9.0.  (Killing is done by "kill <nagiospid>" as far i can see.)
  It is also possible, that this behavior happened at reload. We use an
  automated script, to copy configurations to machines and restart/reload
  nagios and i didnt figured out, when exactly this happens. It is hard to
  debug, because it happens rarely.

  If i take a look at running processes, everytime i detect one zombie
  process called as ocsp/ochp via nagios. I suppose, nagios was being
  killed, while making an ocsp/ochp check and the parent process of the
  check exits without killing all childs. (The parent of the check-process
  is the child of the process being killed by the kill command)

  Ive not detected a bugfix, solving this problem on cvs. So i skipped checking
  the newest version.

  Is this a known issue? Or some other suggestions? Maybe for better
  debugging?

--
Best regards
Percy Jahn