Overuse of active monitoring

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jun 13 16:33:54 CEST 2005

I don't see a problem with what you are doing at all. Passive monitoring
is most useful when you have a _lot_ of checks that you are doing
(thousands every 5 minutes for example) and you want to split that up
between several machines or you have machines that can't be reached by
your monitoring box directly. If the resources on your monitoring
machine are fine, and I suspect they will be if you're using a PII or
higher in your case, then there's no reason to change.

--
Marc