Patch submission for comments : CGI speed improvement (XNG)

Andre Bergei andre.bergei at ementor.no
Fri Jun 10 11:19:25 CEST 2005

>	Maybe other people with large configurations can say how interesting it seems to them.
>
>	Regards
>
>	Fran篩s

First, good to see that someone is addressing the slow cgi problem, good work François :)

I can't comment on the code, but faster CGI's are essensial for large scale implementations of Nagios.
We got 3000 hosts and 30000 services, with Nagios 1.2 and the chain hash patch
Applied it takes 20 seconds to run the service status detail for a host. (a 2x 2.8 Ghz Xeon)
I read somewhere that the patched 1.2 cgi's are roughly the same as the 2.0 cgi's.

Needless to say, out users are getting pretty frustrated.

Also with lots of users hammering the server executing the cgi's, the server gets very busy with
All the cgi's grinding away eating all the cpu cycles.

If this patch is not applied to HEAD, I hope that it will be maintained and made available
For large Nagios setups.. We realy need it.

Best
Andrè Bergei