Patch submission for comments : CGI speed improvement (XNG)

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Jun 9 23:01:22 CEST 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Neither am I, but it will disappear sooner or later. How about starting
> to work on that PHP Gui right now then? I think the nagios-db
> neb-modules also updates tables which aren't materialized, so using the
> data collected by nagios-db but without materialized views (I really
> don't like those) is always an option.

Indeed, this is true. The schema that nagios-db stores stuff into is just
normal tables, but the GUI I hacked up for it queries from the
materialized views of those table. This was done because it dramatically
speeds up the page generation, at the cost of having things almost
real-time. If that's unacceptable, then simply don't use the raw tables.
That's what the mysql flavor of the nagios-db module does.

And, please don't think the PHP GUI included with nagios-db is what I
consider the pinacle of GUI design. It's functional, and that's about all
that can be said for it. If somebody wants to make it better, I will have
zero complaints.